Welcome to our first post!!
At Exodus Tuning we have seen to shift in attitude and public perception when it come to the “Slave Tool” arrangement that has been in place in most Aussie performance oriented workshops since 2010. Although it works great, there is a stigma that comes with it. Starting in early 2018, both pubic and industry perceptions started to view those businesses in Slave-Master relationships as being inferior to those businesses who own and operate as Master Tuners.
And there is some merit to that line of thinking, provided all the boxes are ticked. A Master Tuner and Tuning Business must have the following knowledge at least:
- Possess a high level of understanding when it comes to the internal combustion engine
- Modern fuel injection systems – both diesel and petrol
- Highly I.T literate and confident with binary and hexadecimal coding and multiple tune file editing platforms.
- Be able to get relevant data from diagnostic tools, PC based scanners (HPTuners) and chassis dynamometers
- Then be able to interpret that data and use it in a practical application – editing the tune file to achieve a safe desired change to the engines operation.
- Experience in being able to pull an original file from a vehicle and write a modified file to the vehicle – some cars a downright painful.
That’s where Exodus Tuning steps in. We can discretely supply you or your business with tunes that will make you look like you have 10 years tunefile writing experience. Check out some of the services we offer below.